Friday, June 7, 2013

Is something better when you have lower expectations?

This week, my husband, 2 friends of ours and I, went to see the Show "Spiderman Turn Off the Dark" on Broadway.
It was the first Broadway show we've ever been to and it was an amazing experience!!
There were some very, very, very good parts and some other parts, well, very-not-so-good. 

But, overall, we had a great time!
To tell you the truth, I don't particularly enjoy musicals and I am not a fan of Spiderman but we got the tickets for free when we went to the taping of "The Talk" a few weeks ago! And, they were great seats too!
So, even if it was not the show we would have chosen to see, we were very thankful for this amazing opportunity.
And, because I was not going there expecting to have "the best time of my life", the show turned out to be even better than expected.  

I always say, if you hear about how good a movie, a book, a show, or a place is, you end up having greater expectations and therefor have better chances to be disappointed when you see/read/visit it yourself. However, if you go somewhere or read/see something thinking that it's not gonna be very good, you often end up enjoying it even more because it was so much better than what you were expecting...  
Does it make sense? Or maybe it's just me :)

So, what do you think? Is something better when you have lower expectations? 

Thanks for stopping by!
 x.o
Nat.

SPIDER-MAN: TURN OFF THE DARK (Broadway) - Highlights

 


And a link to my FAVORITE song... Gives me chills every single time I hear it!!










No comments:

Post a Comment